Serene Laos is one of Asia’s most unvisited and charming countries, still retaining its traditional culture and colonial character from the time of the Lao Monarchy and French occupation. This tour allows you to experience Lao’s timeless culture, it’s stunning scenery and still unspoilt ecosystems. You will gain an insight into the live-styles of local people and see how their world is slowly emerging from years of isolation.
Day 1: Arrival – Luang Prabang
Day 2: Luang Prabang – Pak Ou cave – Khouangsi Waterfall (B,L)
Day 3: Luang Prabang – Vientiane (B)
Day 4: Vientiane – departure (B)
Day1. Arrival – Luang Prabang
On arrival at the airport you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
After a short rest we head out to see the city’s oldest temples, the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roof sweeping low to the ground, representing classical Lao architecture, the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrine of Wat Aham.
From here climb to the top of Mount Phousi to explore the sacred gilded stupa and to enjoy the panoramic view of the city and the sun setting over the Mekong River.
Decenting the mountain your will find yourself in the midst of the famous Luang Prabang Night Market, where you can find a unique selection of handmade textiles and handicrafts locally made by both ethnic Lao and hill tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang.
Your evening is free to explore the Night Market and sample some local cuisine at one of the many restaurants the town has to offer. Overnight in Luang Prabang
Day2. Luang Prabang – Pak Ou cave – Khouangsi Waterfall (B,L)
This morning you have the option and opportunity to rise early and participate in the daily morning ritual of Alms Giving, you will experience saffron-clad monks collecting offerings or ‘Alms’ from faithful local residents. This tradition is unique to Laos, being the only Buddhist nation still preserving the daily procession.
After breakfast back at the hotel we begin our journey to Khouangsi Waterfall stopping along the way to visit the morning Phousi Market, this where all locals of Luang Prabang come to do their daily shopping. You will see a variety of local foodstuffs and products including dried buffalo skin, local tea and saltpeter among the chickens, fish, vegetables and fruit, everything needed for daily life in Laos.
On arrival at the Khouangsi Waterfall you will have the opportunity to cool off with a refreshing swim in the topaz pools below the falls, walk along the forest trails and visit the Bear Sanctuary. You will also enjoy a picnic lunch below the falls.
Upon return to Luang Prabang we board our private boat for a pleasant and scenic cruise up on the Mekong River to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves. These caves are an ancient pilgrimage site and contain thousands of gold lacquered Buddha images left there over hundreds of years.
Returning to Luang Prabang we disembark our boat and have the option of taking a short drive to Ban Phanom, a village famous for its hand weaving or returning to the hotel for free time to relax. Overnight in Luang Prabang
Day 3: Luang Prabang – Vientiane (B)
After breakfast back at your hotel we take a stroll through the Dalat Sao or morning market full of local foodstuffs from the farms and jungles surrounding Luang Prabang. From here it is a short walk to the Royal Palace Museum, which hosts a range of interesting artifacts from the Royal period in Luang Prabang.
We then transfer to the airport for your flight back to Vientiane. You are seeing the major temples of Vientiane including the oldest, Wat Sisaket, with its thousands of miniature Buddha statues, and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. We also visit the national icon of Laos, That Luang Stupa, stopping along the way to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph, from there you visit COPE Center. The COPE was created in response to the need to provide UXO survivors with the care and support they required, namely by way of orthotic and prosthetic devices. This museum was set after in 1997 to help covering the victim during Indochina war.
Heading for the waterfront your evening is free to enjoy a few drinks watching the sunset over the Mekong River, explore the Night Market and take in some of the city’s nightlife.Overnight in Vientiane
Day 4. Vientiane – departure (B)
This morning is free until transfer to the airport for your departure flight. End of services.
|Prices below are quoted in USD per person, valid till September 2017|
|Alms Giving||Additional charge US$10.00/person|
|Hotels used or similar|
|Cities||3* hotel||4* hotel||5* hotel|
|Luang Prabang||Sada hotel – Deluxe||Villa Santi Resort – Deluxe||Luang Prabang view – Superior|
|Vientiane||Season Riverdise – Standard||Lao Plaza – Regular||Settha Palace – Deluxe|
Included in above prices:
• Accommodation in twin shared basis
• Private, Air-conditioner Transport
• Boat trips as stated in the itinerary
• English speaking guide
• Admission fees to sites stated in the itinerary
• Meals: daily breakfast at hotel
• Gov’t taxs and service charges
• Luggage handling
• Drinking water
Exclusive of above prices:
• Visas and Immigration fees on arrival
• Domestic airticket
• Int’l air tickets to/from Laos
• Travel and/or Medical Insurance
• Lunch or dinner unless stated in the itinerary
• Single room accommodation (quoted separately)
• Child or adult in triple share accommodation
• Foreign language guides other than English
• Peak Season or Special Events Surcharges
• Tip, drinks and other personal expenses
• Itinerary is subject to change depending on flight availability, road and/or weather conditions and room availability.
• Group of 10 persons and above will use separate vehicle in Luang Prabang due to UNESCO restrictions on large coaches entering downtown Luang Prabang.
• Hotels listed above may not meet international star rating standards, especially in the remote areas where accommodation options are limited.
• Room rates quoted above do not include compulsory fees for special events, peak season such as Christmas and New Year or Gala Dinners etc.
• Prices are subject to change at any time as a result of VAT, Fuel Excise or other tax increases and USD currency fluctuations.