Vietnam is an ideal destination not only for visiting famous attractions but also shopping or tailoring made from Vietnamese silk. There is a huge reservoir of skilled and knowledgeable workers who are able to do everything from shoe making, jewelry making, dress/ clothes making, suit craftmanship, and more, especially unique Vietnamese dress “Ao Dai”. Recent days, if you travel on an Indochina charm tour in Vietnam, you can get a customized things for normal folk at reasonable price. Don’t miss this Vietnam travel blog that will guide you where/ when/ how of custom tailoring in Vietnam!
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
It’s various. If you walk into different tailor shops (clothes, shoes and jewelry shops), you may be quoted 5 different ranges in price. You can expect to pay at a higher price for more experienced tailors and much less at less experienced ones. On the other hand, if you walk into some taior shops in touristy areas, you will pay a serious premium just for using their business. The big appeal of these types of tailors, aside from the convenience of being in a tourist area, is the quick turn around time.
WHERE TO BUY
As clothing stores in Hanoi
Being the capital of Vietnam and the city with more purchasing power, clothes tailored in Hanoi shops have a price higher than Hoian or Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City).
As a recommendation to make a suit to measure in Hanoi, the best tailor and the best store is Cao Minh.
Cao Minh also tailoring shop in Hanoi, also owns two shops in Ho Chi Minh City. Cao Minh Hanoi is located at 250 Hang Bong Street (a few blocks south of the lake of Hanoi).
Cao Minh also has online shop, but do not buy a tailor-made suit online unless they have made us one previously and we have the exact measurements.
Tailored suits shop in Hanoi (Caominh)
Getting a suit in Hoian
An alternative to custom made costumes is Hoian. Central city in the country with a great tradition of tailors and merchants, whose price and variety is more convenient in the city of Hanoi.
In Hoian include several shops, all of which are very central, close to the Japanese covered bridge.
Our favorite stores of clothes tailored in Hoian are Yali, A Dong Silk, wool and Bao Khanh Silk.
A Dong Silk Tailors – Hoi An
Tailored suits in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
The city of Ho Chi Minh City (the former Saigon), boasts the best tailors to make tailored suits and without a doubt, the best alternative to Hoian to make a suit in Vietnam.
Our recommendation for tailors and garment tailor-made in Ho Chi Minh City are 3 shops: Dung, Cao Minh (the same store in Hanoi) and Tricia & Verona.
Each shop of Saigon has different prices, finishes and styles, but our favorite of all Vietnam tailoring is Dung, store that charged with making the most of our clothing and apparel..
Dressed as Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi (Vietnam)
Custom jewelry in Ho Chi Minh city
- Therese Jewelty – 147 Dong Khoi; specialized in gold jewelry or silver plated with gold as well as precious stones
- La Handmade Jewelry – 323 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 3; go here for all your fake jewelry needs
- The many jewelry shops along Nguyen Trai street – for custom costume jewelry, almost any of these shops will do it for you
Tips for suits and dresses made in Vietnam
These are the tips that you should consider when buying clothes and tailor -made suits:
- No stop sign or any kind of deposit.
- Prevents buy online suits or dresses custom, very complicated is that feel good.
- Taking action is the most important part, no hurry or not let it done hastily.
- A nice suit or dress takes 2 to 4 days, but you can make them in 24 hours or less, the more time available for the order better.
- Negotiating the price (or ask for a discount) and leaves the price fixed before pick up the outfit. Normally the price can not be lowered, however we will have discount if purchased or commissioned several outfits, shirts, dresses, etc.
- Choose either the tissue and material, is the most important of the costume. Nor let yourself be carried away by more expensive price, since it has no why be of higher quality.
- If you have a clear idea of how it has to be the costume or dress carries a drawing, photography or any indication for the tailor.
- Pruebate clothing, make sure that you feel well and if necessary, requests to make adjustments and tweaks (it is very difficult to guess the first).
We hope you found this post on customized tailors in Vietnam useful. Please visit our Vietnam travel blog regularly for other fantastic travel tips.